By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA - Willie Taggart isn't messing around.
The new USF head football coach dazzled during his press conference Saturday before jumping into the fast lane on the recruiting road this week. The Bulls' new leading man showed his passion for getting the program back on track during his first day on the job and he's been spreading the word well to the media ever since.
Here are links to some of interesting stories and interviews regarding Taggart's arrival at USF:
- ESPN's Andrea Adelson reveals part one of her Q&A with Taggart HERE. The coach talks about why he's the right man for the job, expectations and why he's a lot like Jim Harbaugh.
- Access part two of Adelson's Q&A HERE.
- Adelson also says Taggart is the "perfect fit" for USF HERE.
- ESPN's Corey Long agrees with USF's choice and said Taggart can help the program attract talent. "South Florida needed to hire a head coach that would restore the program's appeal to recruits in the talent-rich Tampa Bay area," Long wrote HERE.
- WTSP Channel 10 News does an on-camera interview with Matt Grothe HERE. The former USF quarterback likes the Taggart hiring and said, "In the end, I think they made a great decision... I think the biggest thing is he brings recruiting to our local area here and he's already got so many big-name high school coaches that are praising him already."
- Robert Eckhart of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune interviewed Joe Kinnan, Taggart's coach at Manatee High, who is excited to see his former star quarterback close to home. Kinnan says prospects from the Sarasota-Manatee county area will really pay attention to USF with the addition of his former pupil. Read the story HERE.
- Tampa Bay Times columnist Gary Shelton writes about Taggart's ability to make people believe HERE.
- TBO.com talks to veteran USF players about the hiring HERE. "He's a great guy and he's really hyped up about this year and this season and I'm really looking forward to what he's going to bring to the team," defensive end Ryne Giddins said.