Get Your Green And Gold at BullsHeaven.com | Plan Your Saturday at Gameday Central
TAMPA -- College Colors Day, which coincides with the kick off of college football and back to campus for students, is an annual celebration dedicated to promote the traditions and spirit that make the college experience great by encouraging college students, fans, and alumni to wear apparel of their favorite college or university throughout the day of Friday, August 29th.
College Colors Day is so easy to participate in, it can be broken down into one easy step.
Step One: Wear green and gold on Friday, August 29, 2008.
It’s that easy! Reach into your closet, throw on your USF gear, and head to campus or work. Show your USFspirit by wearing your Bulls hats, earrings, T-shirts, ties, watches - anything green and gold - on August 29, and you’ll be a part of one of the easiest, yet spirited, celebrations on Earth.
Don’t have anything to wear? Make a quick stop at the campus bookstore or local retailer for your officially licensed USF product needs.
“Think of it as a dress rehearsal before the kick off of college football season, a reason to meet friends and talk Bulls football,” said Kit Walsh, Senior Vice President of Marketing, The Collegiate Licensing Company. “This is also an opportune time to start a friendly rapport with rival fans in your community. They’ll be celebrating College Colors Day too.”
Leading up to College Colors Day, several marketing initiatives will take place helping to promote the big day.
• A satellite media tour with ESPN college football analyst Lee Corso will be held on Friday, August 22. Corso will heavily promote the positive and fun attributes of College Colors Day to local morning show audiences.
• College Colors Day has partnered with country music star, Toby Keith. Full-size standup Toby Keith signs, promoting College Colors Day, will be displayed in college bookstores across the United States.
• Partnership with NCAA Football.
• Two College Colors Day Kickoff games will be played on Thursday, August 28 (NC State at South Carolina, and Oregon State at Stanford). The College Colors Day logo will be on the field at both games, which will be televised by ESPN and ESPN 2, respectively. In addition, on August 29 Rice University will host the third annual College Colors Day Classic football game against in-state rival SMU.
• 30 second College Colors Day television and radio spots will run nationally on sports and news networks the week leading up to College Colors Day. This includes all of the ESPN networks, CNBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and many others.
The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG Worldwide, organizes College Colors Day.
For more information on College Colors Day 2008, please visit www.collegecolorsday.com.