Bulls Rally to Third Straight Victory
By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
The Bulls' week just keeps getting better.
The USF women's tennis team took care of business quickly in singles play Saturday and defeated Georgetown, 4-3, in Washington, D.C. The Bulls have won three straight matches this week with one more to go Sunday at Maryland.
"The girls came out strong. Our confidence is really at a high level," head coach Agustin Moreno said.
USF lost the doubles point after teammates Danielle Mills and Paula Montoya were edged in a tiebreaker.
Montoya bounced back by earning one of the Bulls' four singles victories in two sets. Ecaterina Vasenina and Loreto Alonso Martinez both won twice Saturday after they teamed up to get the Bulls' lone doubles victory.
USF's match against Maryland in College Park is set to start at noon on Sunday.
"Every match is a fight and Maryland is going to be a fight," Moreno said.
1. Vasenina/Alonso Martinez (USF) def. Greco/Comolli 8-4
2. Tehrani/Sekely (G) def. Mills/Montoya 9-8(5)
3. Jaeger/Panarese (G) def. Fracassi/Rey 8-4
Order of finish (1,3,2)
1. Vasenina (USF) def. Greco 6-2,6-1
2. Alonso Martinez (USF) def. Tehrani 6-3,6-3
3. Fracassi (USF) def. Comolli 6-3,6-2
4. Montoya (USF) def. Sekely 6-3,6-0
5. Jaeger (G) def. Bonte 6-4,5-7,10-8
6. Panarese (G) def. Rey 3-6,6-2,10-7
Order of finish: