By CURSTEN TAYLOR
Special to GoUSFBulls.com
TAMPA - USF men's tennis swept its doubles matches and rolled to a 6-1 victory over Florida Atlantic on Saturday in the Bulls' first home match of the spring.
"It's always difficult playing for a new coach," first-year head coach Matt Hill said. "There's a lot more pressure and they're trying to prove themselves."
Hill is impressed with the continued growth and development of the team as it continues to acclimate to his coaching style. Oliver Pramming continues to perform well under Hill's guidance and is now 3-0 in singles this spring after winning in straight sets Saturday.
Pramming also notched one of USF's three doubles wins by teaming up with Ingacio Gonzalez Muniz, who earned his first singles win with the Bulls. Guillermo De Vilchez, Ravi Patel and Everth Dzib also won for USF in singles.
"We've challenged them a lot this year already," Hill said. "We've worked them hard and they've practiced really well, so it's been a good start."
The Bulls will be back in action 1 p.m. Monday at home versus St. Johns. Admission is free at the USF Varsity Courts.
1. Pramming/Gonzalez (USF) def. Jose Fontana/Rich Meade, 8-7
2. De Vilchez/Patel (USF) def. Robbie Dubuque/Matt Samberg, 8-2
3. Acuna/Dzib (USF) def. Will Nuner/John Nowak, 8-6
1. Oliver Pramming (USF) def. J. Fontova (FAU), 6-3, 6-3
2. W. Nuner (FAU) def. Federico Sabogal (USF), 4-5, 6-7 (5)
3. Ignacio Gonzalez Muniz (USF) def. R. Meade (FAU), 6-2, 7-5
4. Guillermo De Vilchez (USF) def. S. Bacha (FAU), 7-6, 6-3
5. Ravi Patel (USF) def. M. Samberg (FAU), 6-3, 6-4
6. Everth Dzib (USF) def. R. Dubuque (FAU), 6-1, 6-4