By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA - The Bulls proved they can handle success in a short amount of time.
The USF men's tennis team rolled to a 7-0 victory over St. John's on Monday at the USF Varsity Courts. The win comes two days after the Bulls defeated Florida Atlantic, 6-1, in their home opener of the spring season.
"The kids won two days ago and it's easy to not be as sharp because sometimes a team can carry that win a little too long. It was good to see the guys were ready," head coach Matt Hill said.
The teams started the day tied in doubles until Oliver Pramming and Ignacio Gonzalez Muniz clinched the point with an 8-7 (5) win over Vasko Maldenov and Hugo Morth.
"Sometimes there is a letdown with the team that wins the doubles, but the guys stayed sharp in the first few games in singles. It just started steamrolling after that," Hill said.
Pramming improved to 4-0 this spring with a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Valentin Mihai in the top singles spot. USF's other singles winners were Gonzalez Muniz, Federico Sabogal, Guillermo De Vilchez, Ravi Patel and Everth Dzib.
The Bulls' season continues Friday when they begin competition at the national indoor event at UCLA in Los Angeles.
1. Pramming/Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) def. Vasko Maldenov/Hugo Morth, 8-7 (5)
2. Mike Lampa/Valentin Mihai (SJ) def. de Vilchez/Patel, 8-7 (4)
3. Acuna Gerard/Dzib (USF) def. Mark Mozer/Michael-John Every, 8-5
1. Pramming (USF) def. Valentin Mihai, 6-4, 6-3
2. Sabogal (USF) def. Vasko Maldenov, 4-2 (retired)
3. Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) def. Mike Lampa, 6-4, 6-4
4. de Vilchez (USF) def. Mark Mozer, 6-4, 6-3
5. Patel (USF) def. Michael-John Every, 6-1, 6-0
6. Dzib (USF) def. Hugo Morth, 7-5, 2-6 (8)