Bulls Can't Rally Past 'Canes in Tampa
By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA - Oliver Pramming and Guillermo De Vilchez picked up singles victories in the No. 55 Bulls' 5-2 loss to No. 54 Miami on Sunday at the USF Varsity Courts.
De Vilchez went 2-0 in singles this weekend after rallying back to beat Miami's William Albanese, 4-6, 7-5, 6-1. De Vilchez won in straight sets to help USF beat North Florida, 4-3, Friday afternoon in Tampa.
Pramming got back on the winning track in singles with a 6-4, 6-2, win over Miami's Gabriel Flores.
The duo of Federico Sabogal and Everth Dzib posted a doubles win, but Miami took the two other matches in a tense battle to clinch the doubles point. The Hurricanes won, 8-7, in the top doubles spot and 8-6 on another court.
The Bulls stay at home to host Florida A&M on Saturday, Feb. 16 at noon. Admission is free at the USF Varsity Courts.
1. Gonzalez/Stancati (UM) Def Pramming/Gonzalez-Muniz 8-7
2. Aly/Flores (UM) def. De Vilchez/Patel (USF) 8-6
3. Sabogal/Dzib (USF) def Soto/Tsukamoto (UM) 8-3
1. Soto (UM) def Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) 6-2, 6-2
2. Pramming (USF) def Flores (UM) 6-4, 6-2
3. Gonzalez (UM) def Sabogal (USF) 6-2 , 6-3
4. Aly (UM) def Acuna Gerard (USF) 4-6 ,6-3,7-5
5. Mauz (UM) def Patel (USF) 7-5, 6-4
6. De Vilchez (USF) def Albanese (UM) 4-6, 7-5, 6-1