By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA - The USF women's tennis team showed how dangerous it can be at full strength Friday afternoon at the site of the U.S. Open.
The No. 47 Bulls did not drop a set on the way to rolling past Georgetown, 7-0, at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, N.Y.
"Everyone is back in the lineup and we've worked hard for two and a half weeks before coming here. It really worked for us," head coach Agustin Moreno said.
Top singles player Katie Vasenina had been bothered by an ankle injury in previous weeks and returned to form in two victories. The senior took care of Victoria Sekely, 6-1, 6-2, after teaming up with Loreto Alonso-Martinez to post an 8-2 victory in the No. 2 singles slot.
"Once the match progressed, she kept getting better and that's why she won," Moreno said.
Alonso-Martinez, Mills, Fanny Fracassi and Paula Montoya also won their singles matches in straight sets to help USF start a memorable weekend off on a winning note. The Bulls finish up at the National Tennis Center 4 p.m. Saturday against St. John's.
"We're fortunate to go on this trip and play at the site of the U.S. Open," Moreno said. "The girls are enjoying it. It's cold outside and they're still taking pictures."
USF 7, Georgetown 0
1. Rizzolo/Mills (USF) def. Sekely/Comolli, 8-2
2. Vasenina/Alonso-Martinez (USF) def. Jaeger/Panarese, 8-2
3. Montoya/Fracassi (USF) def. Perz/Hamlin, 8-3
1. Katie Vasenina (USF) def. Victoria Sekely, 6-1, 6-2
2. Loreto Alonso-Martinez (USF) def. Kelly Comolli, 6-0, 6-4
3. Danielle Mills (USF) def. Madeline Jaeger, 6-1, 6-2
4. Fanny Fracassi (USF) def. Sophie Panarese, 6-0, 6-1
5. Paula Montoya (USF) def. Taylor Perz, 6-1, 6-3
6. Kayla Rizzolo (USF) def. Liz Hamlin, 6-3, 6-0