Bulls Can't Hold Onto Lead in Loss to Wisconsin
By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA - Ignacio Gonzalez-Muniz gave the Bulls a 3-2 lead but they couldn't finish off the Badgers in a 4-3 loss Saturday in Wisconsin.
No. 62 Wisconsin tied the match up at 3 when Alexander Kokorev outlasted Everth Dzib in three sets. USF's Guillermo De Vilchez gave Oskar Wikberg at battle for the decisive point before falling, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.
Oliver Pramming and Ravi Patel earned points for USF with straight-set singles victories before the Bulls' two-match winning streak came to an end.
The Bulls look to bounce back 1 p.m. Tuesday when they begin a four-match home stand against Drake. Admission is free all regular season at the USF Varsity Courts.
#62 Wisconsin 4, USF 3
Mar 16, 2013 at Madison, Wisc.
(Nielsen Tennis Stadium)
1. Oliver Pramming (USF) def. Petr Satral (WIS) 6-2, 6-1
2. I. Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) def. Billy Bertha (WIS) 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
3. Alexander Kostanov (WIS) def. Federico Sabogal (USF) 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Oskar Wikberg (WIS) def. Guillermo De Vilchez (USF) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
5. Ravi Patel (USF) def. Jakhongir Jalalov (WIS) 6-2, 6-2
6. Alexander Kokorev (WIS) def. Everth Dzib (USF) 7-5, 2-6, 6-4
1. I. Gonzalez-Muniz/Oliver Pramming (USF) def. Billy Bertha/Alexander Kostanov (WIS) 8-3
2. Alexander Kokorev/Petr Satral (WIS) def. Guillermo De Vilchez/Ravi Patel (USF) 8-6
3. Jakhongir Jalalov/Oskar Wikberg (WIS) def. Everth Dzib/Federico Sabogal (USF) 8-1
University of South Florida 6-6
Wisconsin 10-2; National ranking #62
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,1,3,2,6,4)
Official: Matt Fehlhaber T-3:45