Bulls Rally Past Harvard, 4-3
By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer
TAMPA – The Bulls called it a comeback in their fifth consecutive victory Wednesday afternoon.
USF stepped it up in singles play to rally past Harvard, 4-3, Wednesday afternoon at the USF Varsity Courts.
Harvard clinched the doubles point with a pair of 8-4 wins before watching its four-match winning streak come to an end. Katie Vasenina got things started with a 6-4, 6-0 win over Hideko Tachibana and then USF got rolling.
Fanny Fracassi kept things going with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Sylvia Li and Danielle Mills got past Kristin Norton, 6-4, 7-6 (1). Loreto Alonso-Martinez survived a tough first set to defeat Amy He, 7-6 (3), 6-2.
The Bulls return to action Thursday, March 28 when they host Tulane. The match starts at 2 p.m. and admission is free at the USF Varsity Courts.
USF 4, Harvard 3
1) Tachibana/Norton (Harvard) def. Rizzolo/Mills (USF), 8-4
2) Vasenina/Alonso-Martinez (USF) def. He/Mornill (Harvard), 8-4
3) Li/Lin (Harvard) def. Fracassi/Montoya (USF), 8-1
1) Katie Vasenina (USF) def. Hideko Tachibana (Harvard), 6-4, 6-0
2) Loreto Alonso-Martinez (USF) def. vs Amy He (Harvard), 7-6 (3), 6-2
3) Danielle Mills (USF) def. Kristin Norton (Harvard), 6-4, 7-6 (1)
4) Fanny Fracassi (USF) def. Sylvia Li (Harvard), 6-2, 6-2
5) Kayla Rizzolo vs Hai-Li Kong (Harvard), Rizzolo 6-3, 4-6 (Ret.)
6) Alessandra Bonte (USF) def. Lin (Harvard) def. Alessandra Bonte (USF), 6-7 (6), 6-4, 6-4