TAMPA – USF Athletics is getting the basketball season started in style.
Bulls Hoops Fest is set for Oct. 11 from 7-9 p.m. at the Sun Dome and the program is packed with plenty of entertainment for fans. Attendees for the free event get to meet and interact with both USF basketball teams in a number of fun ways. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Both teams will showcase their talents in different ways: the men's team will play a 10 minute scrimmage, while the women's team will run through a few drills to warm up before the main competitions. We're asking fans to get involved to make the 2013 Bulls Hoops Fest the best event possible. Here are some of the ways Bulls fans can help:
Fans can bid on the chance to participate in this year's Bulls Hoops Fest activities. The first opportunity includes participating in this year's Dunk Contests - working along side one of the USF Men's Basketball players. Also up for auction is the opportunity to shoot the money ball from each of the racks during the USF Women's Basketball 3 Point Shooting Contest. Three winning bidders will get to work individually with one of the team's stellar three point specialists. Also up for grabs are two spots on the Dunk Contest Judging Panel. You'll get the chance to rate the dunks you see, and help determine the winner of the Dunk Contest.
All auctions can be viewed here.
- Fans are being asked to create their own video submissions of a dunk they want Victor Rudd to attempt during the event. The winner, selected by USF Athletics on Oct. 10, gets to have their video shown on the Jumbotron during the event and also gets a special prize pack. Submit videos through Vine, Instagram or YouTube using the hashtag #USFDunks.
3 Point Contest
- The women's team will host a 3 point shooting contest, where three lucky fans will get teamed up with a member of the USF Women's Basketball team. Each of the players will shoot the first four balls from each rack, while the fans get to shoot the money ball! Participants will be selected at the event.
- USF is conducting a broadcaster tryout through social media submissions and two winners will get a 10-minute in-game segment to use for their own personal reels. Submit your reels through Vine, Instagram or Youtube by using the hashtag #USFBroadcast. Submissions should be fun, insightful, and creative. Feel free to take a page from these guys' notebook:
National Anthem Contest
- Aspiring singers get a chance to compete in the USF's The Voice National Anthem portion of the program. Singers will audition for USF coaches for the prize of getting to perform the National Anthem at a game this season. Sign up for the audition by clicking here:
Kids Take Over
- Kids attending the event get to take it over. USF Athletics will be selecting special workers to perform tasks that include conducting the USF band, selecting songs as a DJ, capturing awesome moments as a photographer and one lucky selectee gets to put on a mini Bull costume and become a Rocky’s Rascal. Other special tasks include serving as an announcer, tip-off referee, beat writer, statistician, greeter, ticket giver, and usher. If your youth organization would like the chance to participate, please send group contact information to BullsSportsMarketing@usf.edu.