The Academic Enrichment Center (AEC) at the University of South Florida is committed to the total development of the USF student-athlete, including academic achievement, personal development, career development, and community involvement. Emphasis is placed on empowering student-athletes to take ownership in their education and a staff of academic coordinators, mentors, and tutors work one-on-one with student-athletes to provide them with support during the transition to the University and throughout their time at USF. Components of the program include weekly meetings with an academic mentor, objective-based study hall, individual and group tutoring, as well as ongoing academic advising.
The Academic Enrichment Center (AEC) staff of the University of South Florida Athletics Department is committed to providing an opportunity for student-athletes to holistically develop and successfully transition from student-athlete to a prepared and empowered professional.
We are committed to:
- Protecting the academic integrity of the University of South Florida
- Promoting compliance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and USF regulations
- Instilling a devoted pursuit toward academic excellence and degree completion
- Providing necessary resources to achieve academic success
- Building trusting relationships that foster student success
- Inspiring growth and responsibility in the classroom, athletic arena, and life after sport
- Offering opportunities to obtain knowledge or experience to develop “life skills”
- Encouraging a decision-making process based on integrity and ethics
- Enhancing employability of student-athletes by offering sessions and consultations covering résumé-writing, mock-interviewing, strengths discovery, and job-searching
- Teaching professionalism by providing experiences in networking, first impressions, etiquette training, and mentoring.
- Establishing community partnerships to build humility and care for others
- To acclimate student-athletes using proactive and preventive measures including the transition to college, academic skills and personal skills necessary for academic success.
- Retain and support student-athletes using a holistic approach to student-athlete support programming.
- Graduate all student-athletes.