The Academic Enrichment Center at the University of South Florida is committed to providing a variety of support services necessary to enhance the holistic development of the USF student-athlete, including academic advising, tutoring, and mentoring made available throughout the academic year. Emphasis is placed on empowering student-athletes to take ownership in their education and a staff of academic coordinators, mentors, and tutors work one-on-one with student-athletes to provide them support during the transition to the university and throughout their time at USF. Components of the program include weekly meetings with an academic mentor, objective-based study hall, tutoring program, and ongoing academic advising.
The Academic Enrichment Center staff of the University of South Florida Athletics Department is committed to provide an opportunity for student-athletes to holistically develop and successfully transition from student-athlete to a prepared and empowered professional.
We are committed to:
- Protecting the academic integrity of the University of South Florida
- Promoting compliance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and USF regulations
- Instilling a devoted pursuit toward academic excellence and degree completion
- Providing necessary resources to achieve academic success
- Building trusting relationships that foster student success
- Inspiring growth and responsibility in the classroom, athletic arena, and life after sport
- Offering opportunities to obtain knowledge or experience to develop “life skills”
- Encouraging a decision-making process based on integrity and ethics
- Enhancing employability of student-athletes by offering sessions and consultations covering résumé-writing, mock-interviewing, strengths discovery, and job-searching
- Teaching professionalism by providing experiences in networking, first impressions, etiquette training, and mentoring.
- Establishing community partnerships to build humility and care for others
- To acclimate student-athletes using proactive and preventive measures including the transition to college, academic skills and personal skills necessary for academic success.
- Retain and support student-athletes using a holistic approach to student-athlete support programming.
- Graduate all student-athletes.