NCAA Bylaw 6.01.1[Institutional Control]
The control and responsibility for the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be exercised by the institution itself and by the conference(s), if any, of which it is a member. Administrative control or faculty control, or a combination of the two, shall constitute institutional control. (NCAA Division I Manual)
NCAA Bylaw 2.8.1 [Responsibility of Institution]
Each institution shall comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the Association in the conduct of its intercollegiate athletics programs. It shall monitor its programs to assure compliance and to identify and report to the Association instances in which compliance has not been achieved. In any such instance, the institution shall cooperate fully with the Association and shall take appropriate corrective actions. Members of an institution's staff, student-athletes, and other individuals and groups representing the institution's athletics interests shall comply with the applicable Association rules, and the member institution shall be responsible for such compliance. (NCAA Division I Manual)
Compliance Policy Statement
The University of South Florida is committed to the NCAA concept of Institutional Control in following the rules and regulations of the NCAA, BIG EAST Conference, and the University. Each individual involved with the USF athletics program, including Athletics Department and institutional staff members, coaches, student-athletes and "boosters," are responsible for being knowledgeable of the rules that affect them and the consequences of failure to follow such rules. Proper control of the athletics program is maintained through:
- Responsible actions by athletics department staff members, administrators, faculty, and other University entities.
- The education of coaches, staff members, student-athletes, and other individuals involved with the operation of the athletics program;
- The development of clear and effective operating systems within the athletics department and the University that provide guidance in how to successfully work within existing rules.
- The monitoring of these systems to ensure that all athletically-related functions are carried out within the scope and intent of applicable regulations.
Along with a competency in knowledge of the rules, the individuals noted above are required to act within their area of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, BIG EAST, or University of South Florida rules of which they are aware.
This compliance site is designed to assist prospective student-athletes, current student-athletes, USF coaches and staff, boosters, agents and financial advisors, and the entire university community.
Please utilize the links provided to access addition information.
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue ATH100
Tampa, Florida 33620
Telephone: (813) 974-2125
Fax: (813) 974-7547
- Information for Prospective Student-Athletes
- Information for Current Student-Athletes
- Information For Boosters
- Information for Agents and Financial Advisors
- Helpful Links