Sponsored by the Athletic Department, the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) consists of representatives from all the sponsored intercollegiate sports. Representatives are selected from each team by the coaches and/or team members. Representatives meet once a month to discuss issues and voice concerns relative to the athletic programs, but are not limited to; NCAA legislation, student-athlete affairs and community service. Members of the committee work together in order to address topics, such as: department wide regulations, instituting new programs, and discussing innovative ways to enhance the quality of the athletic experience at the University of South Florida.
The purpose of USF Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is:
- To serve as a liaison between the student-athletes body and the Director of Athletics.
- To provide a forum for student-athletes to voice their concerns and/or ideas to the athletic administration, and for the administration to respond.
- To serve as advocates for the affairs and well being of fellow student-athletes, as a team, or as individuals.
- To develop leaders within the university, the athletic department, and the community.
- To play an integral role in the governance structure of the University of South Florida.
- To nurture the University of South Florida's student-athletes to be innovative thinkers and world-changers.
SAAC EVENTS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECTS
- The First Annual Bulls' Salute to Veteran's Day Reception
- Great American Teach-In
- Shriner's Children's Hospital Holiday Toy
- Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO) Food Drive Photo Gallery
- Recycle-a-Bull Efforts at USF games Photo Gallery
- Temple Terrace Reads
- College Link Career Day
- Coming Soon!!!