Follow USF On Digg.com
• Fans, we need your help. Head to the Capital One website and post your write-in vote for Rocky in the Capital One Mascot Challenge and maybe he could get a spot on the All-American Mascot Team next year.
• A few new auctions are up on GoUSFBulls.com, including the Charleston Southern game ball and an authentic white helmet signed by head coach Jim Leavitt, the same one worn at the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl last December.
• Saturday's game at Florida State is officially a sellout, as a packed Doak Campbell Stadium awaits the Bulls. There is good news for students, though, as a small allotment of student tickets are still available. They will join the approximately 12,000 Bulls fans making the trip. And if you can't make it up to Tallahassee, head down to Ybor to watch the game.
• With quarterback B.J. Daniels making his first start and USF gunning for the Seminoles, a lot of the talk has been about the redshirt freshman playing in front of his home crowd and against some of his high school teammates. Speaking of his days growing up, check out this video from WCTV that features Daniels at a young age. And Daniels knows the campus all too well, as he spent the first seven years of his life growing up on the campus.
• Daniels isn't the only one making his way home, as several other players are going to be playing in front of family and friends. Click here for links to those videos and also listen to what Evan Landi and Marquel Blackwell have to say about Daniels and Matt Grothe.
• Brian Bennett writes that Daniels is keeping his emotions in check, and also offers his Week 3 stock report for the BIG EAST. Head Coach Jim Leavitt once attempted to gain a scholarship to Florida State by driving up there in high school and waiting outside the coaches office.
• There's also a Q&A with The Sporting News' Dave Curtis, while Tom Zebold writes that Daniels' style of play is very similar to Grothe's. Brett McMurphy says that Grothe's toughness kept him in the game even when he should have stayed on the sideline. Despite his injury, Grothe has taken on a new role with the team.
• Speaking of Florida State and the Big 3, the Bulls are looking to join the club, and a win Saturday would go a long way in getting them there. See how the Bulls have ranked with the other schools over the past few years. Going up against a ranked opponent, a lot of questions about the Bulls will be answered.
• The Capital Sports Reports will highlight the seniors on the USF volleyball team, beginning with two-time All-American Marcela Gurgel today.