University of South Florida at West Virginia
WVU 20, USF 6
Oct. 14, 2010
- USF is now 3-3 against WVU in a series that started in 2005, the year USF joined the BIG EAST. The Bulls are 1-2 in Morgantown, losing the 2008 matchup, 13-7, while winning the ‘06 edition, 24-19. Last season, USF defeated WVU, 30-19, in Tampa.
- USF has an all-time record of 98-60. The Bulls have posted a 78-47 record since joining the FBS in 2000.
- USF has gone 35-20 after a loss in the program’s 14-year history. Since joining the BIG EAST in 2005, the Bulls are 13-11 in games following a loss. As a head coach, Skip Holtz has posted a 29-17 record in games following a loss. He’s 1-1 this season, was 15-9 at East Carolina and 13-7 at UConn.
- USF has posted a 29-38 record in true road games during the program’s 13-year history.
- The Bulls have gone 17-20 in the BIG EAST in five seasons.
- OC Sampson Genus, S Mistral Raymond, LB Jacquian Williams and WR Lindsey Lamar were USF's captains for tonight's game against West Virginia ... Genus, Raymond and Williams are all captains for the entire season, while Lamar is this week's weekly captain.
- Offensive starters in the game were WR Dontavia Bogan, WR Stephen Bravo-Brown, WR Lindsey Lamar, WR Evan Landi, LT Jamar Bass, LG Jeremiah Warren, OC Sampson Genus, RG Chaz Hine, RT Jake Sims, RB Mo Plancher, QB B.J. Daniels.
- Defensive starters for the game were CB Quenton Washington, DE David Bedford, DT Terrell McClain, NT Cory Grissom, DE Craig Marshall, CB Mistral Raymond, SS Jon Lejiste, LB Jacquian Williams, LB Sam Barrington, LB DeDe Lattimore, FS Jerrell Young.
- LB DeDe Lattimore collected 11 tackles, six solo and five assisted to set his career high in tackles. Previously he had five tackles twice.
- DB Mistral Raymond set a career high in tackles, registering six solo and one assisted, for a total of seven. His previous high was six against FAU earlier this season.
- DB Jerrell Young tied his career high of seven tackles with five solo and two assisted against the Mountaineers.
- DB Quenton Washington also tied his career high in tackles, collecting five, which ties his mark set against Florida.
- With 63 rushing yards against West Virginia, senior RB Mo Plancher moves into sixth on the USF career rushing yards chart. Plancher started the game with 1,235 yards on 277 carries. Plancher now trails No. 5 Mike Ford's 1,502 yards on 331 carries.
- With 98 receiving yards against the Mountaineers, senior WR Dontavia Bogan moves past No. 8 Chris Iskra (1,119 yds) in USF's career receiving yards record book. Bogan entered the game with 1,080 yards. He now trails No. 7 Jessie Hester, who totaled 1,226 receiving yards at USF.
- LB Sabbath Joseph recorded his 100th career tackle in the first half against WVU. Joseph came into the game with 99 tackles and picked up one against the Mountaineers.
- In the first quarter, Lindsey Lamar returned a kickoff for 55 yards, his second big play in as many weeks. Last week against Syracuse, Lamar took a kick return 94 yards for a touchdown. Against Florida, he had a 39-yard and a 31-yard kick return and he recorded a 36-yard return against FAU earlier this season.
- In the second quarter, senior Terrell McClain picked up his second sack of the season, dropping WVU's quarterback for a loss of three yards.